Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Scam

As an update to my last post, there is another scam targeting ESL teachers. This one is an invitation to teach a foreign worker and/or his family in Nigeria. They usually offer a very generous compensation and offer to pay all your expenses. However, once you agree to accept the job, you'll have to send money to process your visa and other documents. And, of course, there is no job.

Here is an invitation I received through my Meetup page (http://teachers.meetup.com/146/) from a "German engineer" named Gary Braun (http://www.meetup.com/members/7622357/):

Meetup Message from garybraun: me is want you come and teach me family
Hello teacher me name is Engr.Gary Braun me is from Berlin Germany and me is work as Engineer at Bell Oil and Gas Ltd in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria,
me is currently seeking for a good qualified English teacher with Three to five year experience that will come and teach me son and me wife goodenglish here in Port-Harcourt,Nigeria.
me is Already go through you CV and me is like it so me is want to know if you is interested to come and teach me son and wife.
especially me wife she need to start work here and me son need to teach well so that he will be able to communicate with people around here.
me is like you to come september and teach me wife and son.
me is offer you $6,500 Six thousand five hundred united states dollars per month.
me is offer you $700 Seven hundred united states dollars per month for you vacation fee and $500 Five hundred united states dollars] for health fee.
me is rent you a good appartment where you is stay when you is come.
me is sponsor you visa fees and flight ticket so if you is interested you can send me you resume so that me is see and go through it ok.
Email me -
garybraun71@yahoo.com Phone no - +2348053537074
Thanks and God bless.Engr.Braun

No comments: